Here in Canada we have laws that allow us to grow the beautiful Peyote cactus L. williamsii. From seed they are so easy to grow, all you need is patience and saran wrap.
No funny business, here is how you grow Peyote at home from seed.
- Buy some seeds online, they are super cheap and really available.
- Fill a pot with cactus soil and press down gently to 1″ from the top of the soil.
- Sprinkle many peyote seeds over the soil and MIST WELL.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in filtered light. GERMINATION IN 1-3 WEEKS.
- DO NOT REMOVE THE PLASTIC WRAP FOR MANY MONTHS.
- At 6 months of age, begin to poke one toothpick hole per week in the plastic wrap. Continue to do this for 4 months, then remove the wrap and put the pot in shade to adjust for a week before reintroducing to moderate light.
- Do not consume the peyote cactus, you’ll trip balls.