Here is a quick video I made about how I get my turmeric plants started!
For those who prefer it in text, the process is as follows:
- Soak turmeric root in water for 24 hours and leave in a warm, dark location until green spots or “eyes” have formed.
- Plant 1 inch deep in good potting soil (I use cactus soil)
- In 7-14 days you should have visible shoots coming off of your plant
- Transplant into an 18″ pot before the plant becomes root bound as this will prevent a good harvest.
- In 10 months, harvest and enjoy your fresh turmeric!
Thanks for reading,