Here is a quick video I have put together showing off some of my dragon fruit/ pitaya babies that I grew from seed on July 7! These guys are growing fast!
ALSO, I show off my baby Yellow Pitaya plants that I grew from seed as well.
If you missed my first how-to, you can watch here:
These little donut bites are just like the ones you can get here at The Ex in Toronto and other fall fairs. So delicious when you serve them piping hot, still a little greasy with cinnamon sugar getting stuck to your fingers. I made these the other night after getting the munchies after downing a whole bottle of wine. It. Was. The. Best.
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg (Optional)
- 1 Cup of Cinnamon Sugar
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oil to 365f or until it looks hot, don’t worry yourself too much about it.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl. Beat in the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Spoon batter in 1 Tablespoon scoops into the hot oil and fry 2-3 minutes per side, depending on how golden you like your bites.
- Immediately roll the donuts in the cinnamon sugar and serve warm.